Most of the time when I hear the word Paleo or gluten free dessert my first thought is this will be a less delicious version of a dessert I love and most of the time it is. Not this time though. I found this recipe from one of my favorite food blogs Ambitious Kitchen and thought I would give it a try. Boy oh boy am I glad I did. These cookies honestly might be my favorite cookie I have ever made…ever. They are gluten and dairy free, only use coconut sugar for sweetner and they are absolutley everything you want in a cookie. I can 100% guarantee that even your biggest healthy dessert critics will be raving about this.
How can I be so sure? David, who when I told was making gluten & dairy free cookies made a face and snarky comment, said that they are also the best cookies I have ever made. I could honestly go on and on about how great these are but I would be wasting precious time you could be using to actually make them!
So…what are you waiting for? Get to it!
Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 of a cup Enjoy Life or other dairy free chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Once combined, add almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda to the wet ingredients until a thick dough forms.
- Fold in dark chocolate chunks *The dough is a bit sticky so you can dust your hands with coconut flour or slightly wet them while forming the balls.
- Scoop 1 tbs balls, roll into a ball and place on ungreased baking sheet. Press each ball down to make it slightly flatter.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.